A dental crown is a tooth-shaped cover or cap that is placed over your tooth by your dentist in order to restore its shape, size, strength, and appearance. Once they are officially cemented into place, the dental crown fully encases the entire visible portion of your tooth.
Dental crowns are the perfect dental solution for a wide range of situations. Your dentist may recommend a dental crown to:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking.
- Hold a cracked tooth together.
- Cover and support a damaged or decayed tooth.
- Cover a severely discolored tooth.
- Restore a broken or severely worn tooth.
Furthermore, dental crowns are also frequently used in conjunction with root canal therapy, dental implants, and dental bridges.
With proper care and regular dental appointments, your dental crown can last you for many years to come. If you think that your smile can benefit from a dental crown, contact our experienced dental team at Premier Dentistry today.